CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: Business Development Coordinator, Compost
Wind River is the leader in non-hazardous liquid waste services with a recent focus on growing in the waste to energy sector. Wind River is presently executing on an aggressive growth through acquisition strategy, having completed over 10 transactions in the past year.
The company is looking to leverage its geographic coverage advantage into additional business with compost customers for our composting facility in Dallas, North Carolina. This position will be charged with the responsibility for identifying target companies, networking into decision-makers and setting appointments. He or she will help develop and carry out strategic initiatives to secure new business. This role includes frequent travel to conferences and trade shows.
We are looking for an applicant who has agronomics, turf grass, and/or horticulture experience and wants to learn and grow with our company. The ideal person will be willing to jump into any tasks given to them enthusiastically. We’re looking for someone who will take it upon themselves to get to know all of our service offerings and how they are performed in order to really understand how our business runs.
Specific job responsibilities:
- Proactively identify companies and key decision-makers and conduct targeted outreach;
- Manage and expand the database of key contacts in the industry;
- Conduct research and compile reports on industry developments, best routes to market and potential partners;
- Develop knowledge of developments and trends in the non-hazardous liquid waste sector;
- Identify and assist with marketing initiatives to promote Wind River’s strengths in the given sectors;
- Attend industry conferences and trade shows to build relationships and represent Wind River;
- Provide additional sales support as needed.
- Prior professional experience in agronomics, turf grass, and/or horticulture
- Ability to travel, including air travel, up to 25%;
- Ability and credibility to deal with companies/organizations at a senior level in person and over the phone, with a proven track record of fostering business relationships;
- Excellent research and report writing skills – with an ability to provide clear, concise summaries and to respond to ad hoc requests at short notice using databases and other information sources;
- Proactive self-starter, able to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks;
- Attention to detail and good follow up discipline;
- Strong and enthusiastic networking skills;
- Committed team player;
- Comfortable with initiating and handling introductory calls to relevant companies;
- Ability to work on a fast-paced team, often under tight deadlines;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) is essential.
We also are seeking someone who will easily fit into our company culture. We are a fun-loving organization; we have many functions and group activities- from our annual pot luck to our community outreach programs- we work hard and play hard!
Watch our ‘Happy’ Company Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bxxoI3ydnA
And take a look at our Summit Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr3tRIfKcC4
Visit our Website: www.wrenvironmental.com
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.