Wind River is the leader in non-hazardous liquid waste services with a recent focus on growing in the waste to energy sector. We are presently executing on an aggressive growth through acquisition strategy, having completed 10 transactions in the past year. We are a fun-loving organization; we have many functions and group activities- from our annual pot luck to our community outreach programs- we work hard and play hard!
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: Heavy Equipment Operator - Earth Farms Organics
This position Operates heavy equipment and trucks for the purpose of transferring, composting, recycling, and disposal of solid waste.
- Operates a variety of heavy equipment, such as bull dozers, scrapers, compactors, motor graders, loaders, excavators, shredders, and windrow turners.
- Trains new and less experienced equipment operators.
- Constructs and maintains gravel roads, drainage ditches, and soil berms.
- Monitors solid waste for hazardous or prohibited hazardous materials and notifies environmental staff.
- Conducts pre- and post-trip equipment inspections and makes minor repairs or adjustments. Reports mechanical problems for shop repair.
- Reports safety concerns or unsafe working conditions. Issues lockout/tag out on equipment.
- Cleans operators’ cab, engine compartment, radiator, and windows.
- Prepare daily work reports and maintains required records.
- Must Have 0-1 years of experience operating heavy equipment such as; loaders, fork lifts, motor graders, excavators and shredders.
- Ability to drive and sit in uncomfortable positions for extended periods of time;
- Must have a full range of motion in the shoulders, arms, hands, wrists, legs, and feet; and manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Requires bending, stooping, lifting and carrying heavy objects weighing up to 60 pounds on an intermittent basis.
- Constant exposure to traffic hazards, extreme heat and cold, noise, dust, fumes, grease and unsanitary
- Able to lift 75 lbs. frequently and 100 lbs. on occasion.
- Competitive starting rates
- Medical and dental insurance
- Matching 401K
- 8 paid holidays and generous paid time off plan
- Premium pay for applicants interested in night work
- If you have a proven track record of success working independently, have a good driving record and enjoy dealing with customers apply now.
Visit our website: www.windriverjobs.com
TO JOIN OUR TEAM - APPLY TODAY!!
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.