Wind River Environmental is the leader in non-hazardous liquid waste services with a recent focus on growing in the waste to energy sector. We are presently executing on an aggressive growth through acquisition strategy, having completed 10 transactions in the past year. We are a fun-loving organization; we have many functions and group activities- from our annual pot luck to our community outreach programs- we work hard and play hard!
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: Help Desk Support Specialist
We are seeking a Help Desk Support Specialist to join our fast-paced, high-performance technology team based in Marlborough, MA. Candidates must have a strong knowledge of PCs and MS Windows and exhibit strong written and oral communication skills. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, able to work well on a team and possess excellent interpersonal skills. Prior experience using, implementing and operating within web based applications in a help desk environment.
- Perform equipment setup for new/current employees (hardware/ software installations/ Active Directory /O365/ Cell phone).
- Troubleshoot computer problems (hardware, software, user access, etc.). Document resolutions for future reference.
- Clean, modify and repair computer hardware including monitors, keyboard and printers.
- Maintain IT assets inventory.
- Perform Windows Servers maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Maintain and Install Network Switches, Network Wiring (when necessary).
- Microsoft Office 365 Management and Maintenance experience a plus.
- Help manage network security Cisco ASA/Meraki Firewall.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.
- Minimum of 2 years of troubleshooting and installation experience - software, hardware (desktops, laptops, tablets, Smartphones).
- Cisco VPN, MS Active Directory, Networking and Firewalls.
- Windows 2008-2016 Servers
- Microsoft O365 and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in handling priority one escalations/incidents.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures.
- Proven communication skills in a phone environment, working with end users to document incidents and report problem trends.
- Working knowledge of Service Desk or other help desk incident tracking system with some experience using remote control systems such as Bomgar.
- Utilizing a knowledgebase and actively creating/modifying documents.
- Adapting successfully to changing situations and environments.
- Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules.
Visit our Website: www.windriverjobs.com
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.