Wind River is the leader in non-hazardous liquid waste services with a recent focus on growing in the waste to energy sector. We are presently executing on an aggressive growth through acquisition strategy, having completed 10 transactions in the past year. We are a fun-loving organization; we have many functions and group activities- from our annual pot luck to our community outreach programs- we work hard and play hard!
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: Projects Technician (Vactor)
Wind River Environmental services, repairs and installs a broad array of non-hazardous liquid waste systems throughout Northeast America. We service both residential and commercials systems, providing an unrivaled level of expertise. We currently have an open position for Projects Technician, reporting directly to the Manager, Projects, is responsible for high-pressure jetting, catch basin cleaning, lift station cleanings and general vactor work.
- Properly operate and maintain HY VAC equipment and vehicles
- Execute jobs provided by Dispatcher - including occasional overnight and out-of-town jobs
- Communicate job status with Dispatcher and Project Manager
- Completion and submission of service paperwork to management
- Diagnose and troubleshoot job problems and recommend solutions where appropriate
- Respond to trouble/emergency calls in a timely manner
- Follow all Wind River Environmental service protocols
- Follow safety rules and exercise safe work practice
- Understand and comply with DOT and DEP regulations as they pertain to your job
- Protect the environment by having an awareness of spill protection, proper waste acceptance, disposal, and treatment, as well as emergency response procedures.
- Ongoing technical learning and development
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Previous experience operating HY VAC equipment and vehicles
- CDL License (Class B) with at least one year of commercial driving experience
- Provide "on call" service on a rotating schedule
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Customer oriented interpersonal skills
- Technical and/or mechanical knowledge and abilities
- Must be able to use hand tools and small power tools
- Must be able to exercise effective organization/time management skills
- Ensure the highest level of customer service, satisfaction, and communication
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and comprehend acceptable business English
- Must have basic mathematical skills
- Musts be able to organize, set, and attend service appointments in an effective and efficient manner
- Must have a valid Commercial Driver’s License and a record of safe driving for at least one year
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must be able to access and tolerate small crawl spaces
Seeing: Must be able to read documents and be able to align truck in mirrors w/proper distances.
Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate w/internal and external customers.
Must be able to lift 65 pounds
Grasping/mobility of hands and fingers: Must be able to twist/turn and write.
- Competitive starting rates
- Medical and dental insurance
- Matching 401K
- 8 paid holidays and generous paid time off plan
- Premium pay for applicants interested in night work
- If you have a proven track record of success working independently, have a good driving record and enjoy dealing with customers apply now.
TO JOIN OUR TEAM - APPLY TODAY!!
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.