About Wind River Environmental:
Wind River Environmental is the nation’s leader in non-hazardous liquid waste services with a recent focus on growing in the waste to energy sector. We are presently executing on an aggressive growth strategy. Currently at $90 Million+ organization and growing rapidly. Due to this growth trajectory, we are seeking individuals to join the organization that are career-focused, looking to develop/grow into even larger roles as they soon will become available.
Current opportunity: Vice President of Operations for New England region
Lead the implementation of operational strategies and objectives across the New England region. Understand each service and product, and manages improvement of operational efficiency. Exceed the service delivery of overall customer satisfaction based on established indicators. Ensures that all businesses are following Company standard operating processes. Work closely with finance and technology to improve gross margins and manage an expense budget to company’s expected variance each month. Research, analyze, validate and document effectiveness of existing operational business processes and develop strategies for meeting Company goals and objectives. Formulates policies and strategic plans for future growth, and manages daily operations of staff, safety, administration and other functions.
- Drives safety initiatives to improve overall results
- Manage Operation staffing, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and performance
- Manage process changes, enhancements and modifications to facilitate implementation of new or improved business processes. Communicate to department heads such changes and modifications using appropriate communication tool(s)
- Ensures all businesses are following established standard operating procedures and controls are in place to monitor compliance
- Responsible for development and management of department budget
- Establish performance goals for each department and direct report
- Monitor department performance against performance goals to ensure that customer expectations are exceeded
- Interface with Sales or others, as needed, to ensure client satisfaction
- Collaborate in planning, design, development, testing and implementing new technology or enhancements to existing technology
- Establish/Enhance and monitors performance reporting dashboard, and understands success drivers
- Support all departments to meet operational goals
- Work with department heads to ensure all company policy and procedure manuals are current at all times
- Submit relevant monthly operating data to CEO
- Understand and support the company’s goals and objectives
- Participate in corporate strategic planning as required
- Provide a work environment that promotes “One of Us” culture and teamwork among associates.
- At least ten years of demonstrated leadership and vision in managing operations teams for a major industrial services or related company
- The successful candidate should have a BA Degree in Business Management or related field
- Experience in driving safety initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, writing and presentation skills
- Deep understanding of accounting, reporting and annual budgeting
- Excel at operating in a fast paced environment
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- High sense of urgency
Position covers the New England region (MA, ME, NH, CT, VT and RI) with frequent travel required
Our Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.